Thursday, 6 August 2009

Swimming, Moving and Job!

That's one off my bucket list! I've learnt to swim properly (front crawl, face in water etc) with the help of Pete. I still need to slow my breathing down and Pete is very keen on me breathing out through my mouth (I'm currently furiously breathing out through my nose to stop water going up it). I can do two continuous lengths (50m) before stopping for a minute or so to get my breath back. I'm pleased to say that I'm faster than some of the blokes there which pleases me no end.

I got a job offer last week and start next week after a quick jaunt up to Leeds this weekend. So I made Pete keep his word and promptly moved into his house before he knew what was happening. Lily (the cat) is settling down well, she's being kept in for a week so she'll know where her new home is. She's loving the bigger space and has already commandeered all the window sills (something I didn't have in my flat) and the spare bed where she can keep an eye on the neighbours.

I will move the rest of stuff in in a few weeks time when I hire a van to get the bigger stuff across (like TV and mattress). So I just brought clothes and stuff with me which I need immediately, this has already filled Pete's house to the max so we're having to get used to stepping around boxes and not being able to find anything. Things should get better when the new bedroom furniture arrives (bless you Argos) so I can spread my stuff around and put more of it out of sight.

Otherwise, things are going well. It's a big change for both of us, we've already had discussions about laundry, washing up and cooking. It'll take time for everything to settle down and get into a routine, it'll be easier when I'm working too (I think Pete is jealous that I'm laying on the sofa all day while he is lazing around at work).

No comments: