Sunday, 13 September 2009

Autumn is coming

I don't know why but I'm feeling very autumnal, almost Christmassy? I have a warm, fuzzy feeling inside, is it contentedness or the fact that I've just had a hot cuppa? I prefer the former.

Well, I've been living with Pete for over a month now and we're both still alive, which is a bonus. We've had a few disagreements (mainly tea related), it's a work in progress as I knew it would be. It's not easy putting two people together who have lived alone for a few years. My solution is to not stress about the small stuff, if it bothers me, I'll do and not nag Pete to (as he won't listen to me or do anything I ask him to).

I've also started my new job and I'm thoroughly enjoying it, the people are lovely and the work is interesting. It's so nice to work in an office environment again, turning around to have a natter breaks the day up nicely. We also get free breakfasts (if you turn up before 8:45am) and Friday treats (this week we had chocolate brownies and iced buns).

I've bought a bike using work's Ride2Work scheme, which basically means I get 50% off the price of a bike and accessories and pay it back monthly for 1 year. I've gone down the retro route and have a proper ladies bike complete with wicker basket. I'm hoping that this will make it less stealable and people won't expect me to be too fast. Pete and I did a test run to the station and back to see how long it takes and where to lock my bike up (bike lockers are all taken and have a waiting list). It took 18 minutes to get there but I suffered on the way back and the long, steep hill did me in and I had to stop before I threw up. After a short break I trundled back home with Pete shouting encouragement from behind. I reckon doing that everyday will boost my fitness no end. It does mean I have to catch 2 trains in leggings though.

No comments: