11. Get a tattoo - I've picked out the design and know exactly what I want, just need to find the time, money and courage to get it done. For those of you who want to know, it's a swirly sun design to go at the base of my back.
12. Get a penpal and keep in touch - I used to have loads of penpals who I'd met on holiday as a child, I'd love getting letters (real paper letters) from them and kept them for years (they are probably still stashed somewhere at my parents house). I miss getting letters in the post, these days it's much easier but less romantic to keep in touch on email, text or through facebook. When I joined facebook last year I was randomly putting people's names in who I knew just to see if they were there and I found the sister of one of my penpals! We met their family on holiday in Spain and they used to go to the same places at the same times of year we did, so spent years meeting with them. They had two sisters who were roughly mine and my sister's age so we each had a penpal. It was great to get back in touch with them, my penpal isn't on facebook but her sister keeps me up to date with what's going on.
13. Own an original piece of art - This is going to be an expensive one, initially I thought about getting a large piece of canvas art but now I'm drawn to sculptures as well. I need a place to put it and also have the home which will fit in with it. I think this is more of a lifestyle aspiration, I'd love to have the home and life which demands art in every crevice. Unlikely to happen as those homes also tend to be minimalistic and clean, mine is neither.
14. Set up my own business - This is probably a retirement thing, I don't think I'd want to risk everything setting up something which might go belly up so this will only happen when I have enough money for it to fail. Ideas could be, dog walking, candle making, knitting, bookshop, teashop (with lovely cakes).
15. Tell the people I love everyday how much they mean to me - See my previous post about life being short. I'm not good with emotions and showing them so I need to make an effort with this. I'll give Pete a big hug tonight to get this one started!
16. Write a book - I know this is a predictable one and I can't write for shit but we can all aspire can't we? Maybe a short story would be more realistic ...
17. Learn to sail - I went canoeing with Ladies Circle a few weeks ago on Black Swan lake (Dinton Pastures) and it was a lovely warm evening paddling about on the lake. There was a sailing lesson going on with about 10 little boats following the teacher and it looked so calm and lovely to be able to that.
18. See the Pyramids - I don't know why but I love Egypt and it's history. I'd like to sail down the Nile (a la Poirot, another of my great loves) and ride a camel through the desert.
19. Get married - This is not a hint to Pete. I like the idea of being with someone for the rest of my life and the security of knowing that they'll always be there. I don't like the idea of having a huge party with me being the centre of attention, or wearing a huge meringue and having endless photos taken. I do like the idea of having a huge diamond ring though.
20. I don't have a number 20, I'm sure I'll think of something and there'll always be more things I want to do, this list is only a start.
Tuesday, 21 July 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment