What is it about music and it's ability to transport you to another time?
One of my new years resolutions was to buy a new CD each month and listen to it. I've found myself falling into the rut of listening to the radio all the time instead of choosing music depending on my mood.
So far my choices have been:
January - Vampire Weekend
February - MGMT - Oracular Spectacular
March - The Ting Tings - We Started Nothing
I'm listening to 'The Ting Tings' at the moment and the first 2 songs on the album are the ones they've released 'Great DJ' and 'That's Not My Name'. When I put them on I was suddenly gripped with the urge to get up and dance about in a mad 4-year-old type manner, it was so freeing, not caring what you looked like and totally losing yourself in the music. I was instantly transported to all the live gigs/clubs/concerts I've ever been to and the tingly feeling you get when your favourite song comes on and you feel so happy you could burst. My dull morning has become one of reminiscing and even though I'm not dancing now I still feel lighter and brighter.
Who thought this could be one of the side effects of a resolution?
Monday, 2 March 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment