March is flying by and I've been busy. I've joined Weightwatchers again in a renewed effort to lose some weight and get fitter, the 'going-it-alone' thing didn't work. I've also started doing Pilates every week which is quite hard (remembering everything) but I can feel it working the next day.
I've started babysitting for Mary which is a new experience for me, babies are a lot of work even if you only have to take care of them for a few hours. I don't know how Mary does it every day, I wouldn't like having my spare time being dictated by a small person. I'm just about getting used to looking after my cat! So babysitting every week or so is just about the right level of baby exposure for me.
My first book group was last week, it went really well. I was a bit nervous about meeting so many new people at once and wanted everyone to get along - and they did! I'm just about to start reading the first book and can't wait for the next meeting and hear everyone's thoughts.
It's been gorgeous weather over the weekend, so Pete and I took the opportunity to tidy up his garden a little bit. He has quite a lot of decking which needed cleaning (scrubbing on hands and knees), grass which needed cutting, scarifying (sp?) and re-seeding, weeding to be done and general pottering. Pete did most of the hard work and humoured me when I moaned about aching. Although the tea making wasn't as frequent as I would have liked!
This week I'm busy every night which has a satisfying ring to it! Tonight is pilates, tomorrow I'm babysitting, Wednesday is Pete-night, Thursday is Ladies Circle AGM and Friday is a meal out with the girls. Fingers crossed that it's nice weather next weekend too so I can sort out my garden!
Monday, 16 March 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment