Friday, 30 January 2009

January Round-Up

Where did January go? It seemed like only yesterday I was opening Christmas presents and now we're almost into February!

So, what have I been up to? Quite a bit as it happens:

Music - I've kept up with my New Years Resolution to buy a new CD each month and listen to it, this month was Vampire Weekend. I loved it! Pete bought me my February CD in the form of MGMT which is also fab!

Projects - We went to Ikea and I bought everything for the jewellery box project and began staining it. Unfortunately I missed the warning about using in a ventilated room and made myself rather ill, almost jepordising our Birthday meal. I'm going to finish the staining and hopefully make a start on varnishing this weekend, I will post pictures when finished. I also bought some wooden boxes to build a cat tower with, after careful consideration we decided that having almost ready made boxes was easier than making them ourselves. So I have to stain and varnish those too, I will post pictures when finished but that might be a while.

Birthdays Galore - It was mine and Pete's birthday this month (2 days apart) and we celebrated in style. I made Pete roast lamb which turned out very nice and we went to Ikea on my birthday, then out for pizza and cinema at the weekend.

Fitness - Hmmmm, I'm still dragging my feet on this one and have actually gained 1.5lbs this month. But I've started again with new enthusiasm and have actually promised Pete that I won't have any chocolate for 9 days (until our anniversary meal). I'm on Day 2 at the moment and it's going OK.

So, what does February hold for me? Well it's our 1 year anniversary (soppy I know), it's flown by but I'm very lucky to have met a wonderful bloke like Pete. He may be an extremely competitive, stubborn, fitness freak but he's my freak and I love him loads.

We also have Valentine's Day which we're celebrating with the usual competition of who can find the cheesiest card. Pete won last year by getting me a lovely musical card with a naked man with a spinning unmentionable. I went for a cheesy poem 'Ode to Pete'. What will this year bring?

No comments: