I'm back! Devon was fab, we were really lucky with the weather and only had one rainy day in seven. The cottage was so cute, very small (lounge, kitchen, bathroom and bedroom) but it had a little loft over the lounge which Pete made into his den. We had to cook on a oil burning aga which had no temperature control (the oven went up to 300 degrees and stayed there), it also heated the water and sounded like it was going to blow up whenever it turned itself on. The cottage was right next to a mill stream which was rather relaxing after we got used to the constant sound of trickling water.
We did loads of stuff, Eden project, walking on Dartmoor, trip to the beach at Dartmouth and a gentle meander around Totnes. Most afternoons we got back to the cottage and settled down with copious cups of tea and good books, when we'd read those we both started on the games (on DS and PSP). Evenings were spent cooking food and playing board games. I think Pete will agree that I totally whooped his ass on most games, which meant we had to keep playing until he won!
So now we're back, Pete wanted to get back and see how his bathroom was progressing (pretty good actually) and I wanted to see my little puddy cat but she still hasn't come home!
All in all a very good break, tomorrow I'm off to Nottingham for my sister's hen weekend - it's all go here.
Friday, 17 October 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How is your board games indoctrination coming along? Can you destroy Pete at Settlers like everyone else?
With your help, I'd like to get Kate involved in board games a bit more. Not the killy stuff but the nicer stuff.
If only we can find a board game in Latin.
We haven't played Settlers for a while as it's difficult to play with only two.
We were saying the same thing, we should arrange a games evening with yourself and the missus.
Post a Comment