I was told by someone wise that to become a true geek I need to have a blog.
Over the past few years I have been slowly accepting my geekness, coming from a family of non-geeks who still don't fully accept me, this was hard. My first experience of the joys of geek was when I was about 9 or 10, we got our first computer (Spectrum ZX, very small keyboard with rubber keys) and a manual which detailed programs I could type myself. After diligently typing in the 100 or so lines of code, I ran the program and the screen changed colour, or something equally impressive. I didn't know it then, but that set me on the road I now travel.
I now work as a computer programmer, have completed two Final Fantasy games, play DnD (also own my own dice) and am also being introduced to non-mainstream board games by my extremely geeky boyfriend. I quite like being geeky, I might just stay this way.
Thursday, 7 August 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment