My hands ache, knitting has broken me. I've been spending my time off work trying to finish off the baby blanket for my sister. This is my first knitting project, it's been great teaching me all the stitches and practising, I'm quite fast now. The blanket is 30 squares of about 40 stitches and 50 rows, I started off doing about 2 squares a week gradually building up to 3 but even so I've been knitting small squares for 3 months now. I've now just got 2 squares left which are stocking stitch with bobbles. After then I have to block (wetting each square and pining them out to the correct size) then sewing them together before knitting the border and sewing that on. Here's the bag with all my squares.
Phew!
I can't wait to get it finished and I've been so good not buying loads of wool and I haven't started any other projects to distract me. I can see the end of the tunnel and can't wait to start my first pair of socks with my Regia self-striping wool. Here's my stash, complete with nosey cat.
In other news, I've been doing lots of batch cooking for the freezer, we probably have close to 20 meals in the freezer now. I sorted out the lounge shelves so they're nice and neat without the heaps of crap we usually dump there.
Yes, this is actually better than it was before.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have knit socks with two of the Regia colours you have in your box and I have the other one in my stash :)
Your blanket squares are looking lovely, can't wait to see the finished product.
Post a Comment