- Give myself a weekly facial (but only if I've completed what I said I'd do that week, exercise, jobs etc).
- Finish what I start. This relates to projects I start and never finish and to products I start to use but then leave half empty but buy more so I have a plethora of stuff. Prime example of this would be the blanket I've started knitting my sister, I'm determined to finish it.
- De-clutter. I have too much stuff, from bathroom products (see no. 2) to clothes and shoes I never wear. I need to have a good sort out of all cupboards, drawers and the loft and make sure I give away/sell anything I'm not using now.
- Get fit and stay fit – I started cycling and swimming late last year, I've lost a bit of weight through it and felt great. Unfortunately the winter weather has stopped cycling until further notice but I'm starting swimming again this week.
- Listen to more music – I failed at this one. My idea of getting a new CD a month slipped away by April. I still mostly listen to the radio but I am getting some CDs for my birthday.
- Say 'Yes' more – I think I have been more open to things in the past year, I have tried new experiences and done things I could have so easily have chickened out of. My greatest success in this is joining Ladies Circle, meeting a room full of people I didn't know was very daunting but I've made loads of new friends and my social life is very full as a result of it.
What else has been happening? As I mentioned before, I'm knitting a blanket for my new niece/nephew who should make an appearance in May. It's square based so is quite satisfying finishing each square and seeing the pile grow. I've nearly finished my second square and reckon they take me about 4-6 hours each, depending on complexity. It's very therapeutic and also gives me a great excuse to watch loads of TV!
No comments:
Post a Comment