Nearly half way into 2009, so here's an update on my resolutions:
1. Get fit, stay fit. Well I cancelled my gym membership and vowed to do DVDs at home, go swimming and do a yoga or pilates course instead. The DVDs are a bit haphazard but I'm hoping to get more into a routine over the summer. I do go swimming maybe twice a month (I know, not good enough). I did do one pilates course but didn't feel it was value for money, so I'm recording half hour shows on the TV channel 'Body Balance' which is mainly yoga and using that for flexibility training. So, probably a fail on this one.
2. Music. I started with excellent intentions and bought a new CD up until April and then it fell by the way. A new CD a month isn't going to happen now (see third resolution below). Fail, again.
3. Say 'Yes' more. Well I did try and improve my work attitude but have got very disillusioned with work in general and now I'm leaving my current job. A new job used to be a regular thing with me, probably staying about 12 months in each until my current one. I've been here for 4 years and things have got a bit stayed. So, with a new job will come a new attitude (well I have to at least create the impression with my new work colleagues that I'm a nice person). This one is ongoing me thinks.
So, all in all, not very good. But I have 6 months left to pull it all back. I think I will forget about number 2 for now and replace it with an 'eat healthily' one which is more achievable.
Must try harder.
Tuesday, 9 June 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Although you didn't hit your resolutions, it doesn't mean your failing completely. Look at all the cool stuff you have achieved. Two things that jump straight to mind:
1. Set up a book club.
2. Got to a stage where you and Pete could live together.
Number 2 sounds small because of the difficulty with mortgages and such but I think the big thing is the agreement in principle.
So, two really good things to be happy about, far offsetting the resolutions you've missed.
Thanks Rob, I do consider Pete to be my greatest achievement this year, I'm slowly moulding him into the perfect boyfriend. Seriously though, there's not much to improve upon! He's lovely. Plus getting him to the stage where he asked me to move in with him was very surprising (although now tht we're not getting dogs immediatly, he's probably regretting asking me).
Post a Comment