It’s such a faff being a girl sometimes. I can’t just pick up any old face wash … is it right for my skin type? My age? Does it contain nuts or other nasty stuff? Will it dry my skin out, make it wrinkly or smell horrid. There are many things to consider.
About 5 years ago I thought I struck gold with the Dermalogica range, I was renting a flat above a beauty salon and they did great facials which I treated myself to regularly. I spent a small fortune on cleanser, toner, moisturiser, clay wash, face masks, eye creams and my skin looked wonderful. Then about 6 months ago I got itchy feet and started trying straying to other brands, but the moisturisers made my face shiny, the cleansers didn’t clean my face right and I started breaking out in spots.
I’m still bored with Dermalogica but I wanted to find a new range which suited me, so yesterday armed with my Body Shop loyalty card I surprised myself by finding they did quite good stuff. It was all laid out according to skin type, so I zoomed in on the oily/combination whilst lingering slightly next to the mature section (maybe I’m not ready for that yet). The range is based on seaweed and deep cleansing, it’s really nice! The cleanser is a gel wash which lathers nicely and smells fresh, it left my skin feeling clean but not dried out. The night cream wasn’t as thick as I hoped and did leave my skin feeling thirsty but the day moisturiser was light and we’ll see if it keeps my mid-afternoon shine at bay. The range does other stuff like pore-reducing gels, toners and face masks but I’m going to see if it proves itself first before investing more. All in all, I’m impressed with the Body Shops range, it’s leaning more towards the beauty market whilst still keeping the fruity shower gels and gift baskets a plenty.
No comments:
Post a Comment