Nah, not by Pete but I'm being cheated on by Lily!
My neighbour at 68 called round the other night (woke Pete up from his "I'm too knackered to go running" snooze) and said my cat had taken up residence. He just wanted to check I existed and she wasn't home alone, bless. So Lily has taken offence at my having to work in an office and not at home like usual and has defected to a populated home.
I'm not offended .... honest! Well, actually I am. I feed her, tickle her belly, pay her huge vet bills, allow her to sleep in the middle of the bed, buy her toys and beds she doesn't use and she does this in return!
Hurrumph.
So, I got home tonight at 8pm (stupid traffic), wet and windy and Lily wasn't in sight. She's not likely to be outside in this weather, me thinks, so I popped round to her new pad and hey presto she was there. The bloke (didn't catch his name) showed me in and Lily was sprawled on his sofa. I think he assumed I was there to take her home, I wasn't, I just wanted to introduce myself. But he handed her over anyway.
At least I know where to find her.
Tuesday, 30 September 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment